After already shelling out $40 for a skeleton costume (not knowing how hard it would be to find a David Pumpkins-style suit), we weren’t about to give up. That’s when we visited the Halloween section in Target and saw ‘Happy Halloween’ cupcake baking cups. The bottom of the cup that would touch the table had a perfect smiling Jack-o-lantern face and the pack came with 75 baking cups. SUCCESS!
With a little lot of patience, we were done! If you’re perfectionists like we were, this project will take you 1-2 hours. But lucky for you, you’ll be good to go in time for Halloween tonight!
How to DIY an Easy David Pumpkins Costume
– Find a black suit jacket and tie in your closet.
– Go to your local Target or grocery store & find these: Wilton Pumpkin Baking Cups
– Grab about 5-10 baking cups at a time & cut out the circles until you’re done.
– Take double-sided tape and begin applying the pumpkins to your suit jacket and tie in a natural pattern.
– Curl your hair in tiny ringlets if you have time, or just mess up your hair with gel. That will do the trick!
– Find a friend or two and have them wear skeleton suits and white fluffy wigs if you can find them.
– Get ready to DANCE.
(1) Will people even know who we are?
(2) Will there be other ‘David Pumpkins’ at the party?
Lucky for us, we were the only pair & we were recognized right when we stepped into the party. A girl dressed as Eleven from Stranger Things put David on her snapchat and we were told that we ‘won Halloween.’ All in all, we were pretty impressed with our last-minute costume idea – and now you can be too!If you haven’t seen the skit yet, here it is! Tom Hanks is the beloved, scary & confusing David S. Pumpkins that will leave you with plenty of questions: