Just like everyone else who hasn’t been living under a rock for the past week, we fell in love with Tom Hanks all over again after he took on the role of David Pumpkins in perhaps the funniest Halloween-themed skit ever produced by SNL. K was the first to show me, and after I showed David on Friday night we knew we had to dress up as David Pumpkins & his skeleton friend(s) for the Halloween party we went to on Saturday night.
With a little lot of patience, we were done! If you’re perfectionists like we were, this project will take you 1-2 hours. But lucky for you, you’ll be good to go in time for Halloween tonight!
How to DIY an Easy David Pumpkins Costume
– Find a black suit jacket and tie in your closet.
– Go to your local Target or grocery store & find these: Wilton Pumpkin Baking Cups
– Grab about 5-10 baking cups at a time & cut out the circles until you’re done.
– Take double-sided tape and begin applying the pumpkins to your suit jacket and tie in a natural pattern.
– Curl your hair in tiny ringlets if you have time, or just mess up your hair with gel. That will do the trick!
– Find a friend or two and have them wear skeleton suits and white fluffy wigs if you can find them.
– Get ready to DANCE.
(1) Will people even know who we are?
(2) Will there be other ‘David Pumpkins’ at the party?
Lucky for us, we were the only pair & we were recognized right when we stepped into the party. A girl dressed as Eleven from Stranger Things put David on her snapchat and we were told that we ‘won Halloween.’ All in all, we were pretty impressed with our last-minute costume idea – and now you can be too!If you haven’t seen the skit yet, here it is! Tom Hanks is the beloved, scary & confusing David S. Pumpkins that will leave you with plenty of questions: